- Who is responsible for managing my information?
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- On what legal basis will we process your information?
- Who will you share my information with?
- How do you manage my information?
- Updating your details
- How long will we hold your information for?
- Your rights
- Does the notice apply to linked websites?
- When do you monitor telephone calls?
- How do we update this privacy notice?
- Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MANAGING MY INFORMATION?
Veeve and all websites and brochures operated and/or produced in relation to it are owned and maintained by
Unique Ventures Limited
70-72 Clifton Street
(“we” or “us”)
This is our Privacy Notice and it explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data.
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make queries about a potential bookingwe will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, date of birth, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you choose to let your property with us we will collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the property you wish to let.
We also collect website usage information and do this using “cookies”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a property);
- to enable us to advertise your property, transfer payments due to you and to provide related support services (if you are a host letting your property through us);
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites or inform you about an incomplete booking;
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you (see below);
- to manage customer service queries; and
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS WILL WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
Performance of a Contract
If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you let your property with us we will use the information collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the accommodation you wish to let to perform our agreement(s) with you.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to process the booking.
We want to give you the best possible customer experience whilst respecting your privacy.
We may use your name and contact details to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services.
We may share your contact information with third party market research companies who may contact you to conduct market research about our products and services.
We may share your email address with our technology providers including Google, Facebook and others (acting as data processors) for them to use on our behalf in connection with the creation of marketing and promotion for us.
They may use this to serve targeted advertising/content to you via their platforms. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant platform.
Google and Facebook may also use socio-demographic information about you to identify other people like you, with similar interests to present our marketing to. This socio-demographic information is not used for any other purpose nor shared with any other party. No information about other individuals identified from these networks is shared with us at any time.
We may also share your contact details with our third partyreview administrator(s) who may contact you to ask for your comments on the accommodation and/or services that have been provided.
Data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers, marketing our services to them and helping us to provide them with the highest levels of service.
We may ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third parties companies so that they can tell you about their products and services.
If you agree, we may also pass on your information, in certain cases, for the purposes of conducting a credit check.
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We may also use and disclose your personal data for compliance purposes, as required by any legal or taxation authority and to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
WHO WILL YOU SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
- other members of our group of companies and their service providers (see also section 6 below)
- owners of the property;
- individuals who may be renting your property;
- credit/debit card companies;
- our preferred insurance provider(s); and
- other third parties who we may need to work with to deliver services or fulfil travel plans on your behalf, for example,
housekeeping and linen companies, home maintenance providers, concierge service providers, licensed chauffeur and taxi
companies and other suppliers.
We may also use and disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, to legal and taxation authorities, to prevent crime and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
HOW DO YOU MANAGE MY INFORMATION?
We may from time to time appoint other members of our group of companies, or third party service providers, to help us manage efficient systems within the business. Some of these systems may for operational reasons be located in countries overseas including the USA.
We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, or overseas, where we are satisfied that this is lawful and that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
If we transfer your personal data to service providers outside the European Economc Area then we will always use a lawful method to do so. In the case of transfers to the USA this may be either the “Privacy Shield” Programme or an agreement in a form approved by the European Commission. In the case of transfers to other countries outside the European Economic Area then this will be an agreement in a form approved by the European Commission.
You can ask for details about any transfer outside the European Economic Area - please call or email us using the details as listed in Section 13 below.
UPDATING YOUR DETAILS
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please update your user preferences or contact us using your preferred method as listed in Section 13 below.
HOW LONG WILL WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-
marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
We do not use your personal data for the purpose of profiling.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address stated in Section 13 below.